Thursday, November 3, 2016

Back with a Vengeance!

It's been a while since Miss I. has popped onto the blog. Looking at my last post, I feel like I wrote it yesterday! This overdue comeback has me refreshed and filled with so many new ideas to share.

This is my sixth year of teaching Basic Skills Math. This year, I have about 40 students on my caseload in grades 1-5. I also assist in kindergarten classrooms during math time. My students are referred to my program because they struggle in math, and it's my job to help them understand while making math fun! This year I have completely changed the inner-workings of my classroom; old lesson plans have been tossed out and each day I work hard to create hands-on center-like activities for my kids.


Since I do not have a specific math program to use, I create most of what I do on my own (with a little help from Pinterest and other TPT resources!). I try to make our activities relatable to life and as relevant as possible. Of course this week, we're all about the election! 


This month will also be filled with lots of Thanksgiving activities. My students adore our yearly math project, Thanksgiving Dinner Problem Solving


Thanks for popping by! Enjoy this Thanksgiving Freebie that's all about fractions! 

                   

xoxo, 

Miss I.





No comments:

Post a Comment