Monday, September 22, 2014

My fish had a "case of the Mondays......."

Happy Monday! Since this is a 3-day work week for most school districts, today is basically Wednesday in my book!

This weekend, I learned how hard it is to keep a goldfish alive. Its so, so, so much harder than you think. If you are like me, you figured you could pick up a couple fish at the pet store, give them cute names, throw them in a bowl and feed them once a day for the next 3-5 years. WRONG. 

If you are thinking about getting goldfish, read this first! I certainly wish I did....... Poor Taco made it about a week before going belly-up. 

http://thegoldfishtank.com/goldfish-care-take-care-of-goldfish/


In other news, I kicked off the autumn season today with a fun activity that I was able to use with students in grades 2-5. By just enlarging the number you assign to your students, this activity can be used at any elementary grade level! My students reviewed standard, expanded and word forms of a number and colored in the candy corn when they were finished. It made for a perfect, festive bulletin board! Enjoy!




-Miss I. 


No comments:

Post a Comment