Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back to School Freebie!!



     It's that time of year again! Back to school! I still love to go back to school shopping. There's nothing better than new notebooks, binders, highlighters, markers, crayons, etc.- sometimes I even pick up a few things for my students ;). 

   Although next week begins the 'official' start of the school year in my district, every teacher I know has been working hard to get their classroom ready for the big day. The end of the summer is quite bittersweet. I know I don't speak for myself when I say that I spent my entire summer working several other jobs, but I am excited to get back into the classroom and back to a normal routine. 


   I spent my summer doing the million other projects that I don't always have time for during the school year. Aside from decorating and furnishing my new condo, I've taken on a new hobby: calligraphy! I will share more of my home and paper projects soon. Today's focus is all about school!


   Each year I try to choose a fun and exciting classroom theme. Last year, my classroom was decked out in cupcakes and baked goods! The students loved it, but I have to admit that I tired of it quickly since I often spend my weekends surrounded by baked goods (we will also discuss that at a later time...). Last year, I created these fun baked-good themed number posters. They include tens frames, which we know play an integral part in our Common Core Curriculum. Although they won't be hanging in my classroom this year, I hope you will enjoy them in yours!




 Number Posters Freebie!


    In the next few days I will be posting photos of my nice clean classroom and new math bulletin boards. Enjoy the holiday weekend!




   


No comments:

Post a Comment