Thursday, August 28, 2014

Coffee + Wine = Love

     I spent hours on pinterest when I first moved into my condo a few months ago. Since I don't see this as my 'forever' home, I didn't want to spend a fortune on furniture and decor. I see this as a little space that I can truly make my own. 

     I love putting things together that don't always match, but work together. I look for inspiration online and find ways to create things on my own or on a budget. I often do weekly rounds at my local Home Goods, Marshalls and TJ Maxx. It's hard to go to these stores looking for something super specific, but I've had a ton of luck this summer in finding exactly what I was looking for!


     One thing I was certain I wanted in my new little space was a coffee and wine "bar." I love a good cup of coffee, tea, or red wine! I scoured Pinterest and found so many great ideas. I came across this awesome shelf from Hobby Lobby. I procrastinated buying it and it quickly sold out online. Luckily, a Hobby Lobby recently opened nearby and I picked it up in July!




      My family has finally come to terms with my love for other peoples' junk, and my Aunt grabbed a great piece of furniture for me off of a curb on garbage day! After a date with a screwdriver, several coats of bright paint and some new knobs, my little coffee and wine bar came together wonderfully. 



Furniture- found on a curb!
Shelf and wire baskets- Hobby Lobby 
Glass mugs- Ikea
Lace bowls and mugs, rubber mat- Christmas Tree Shop 
Tea and sugar ceramic canisters- Home Goods 
Wine bottle holder- thrift store

No comments:

Post a Comment